Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Thanksgiving Plans

This year, for the first time EVER, I am doing Thanksgiving dinner at my house. Although we'll all really miss seeing family during the holiday, I'm taking this opportunity as a challenge to put on a meal that we'll all love.

So here's my menu for the day:

Roast Turkey (I want to try the Camp Family's "upside-down" turkey, but don't have silicone gloves to turn it over for the browning stage)

Roast squash, apples, and onions

Brussels Sprouts with bacon and maple syrup (I can do most of this recipe ahead of time)

Mashed potatoes

Dressing (I wonder if Ellen or Bill has Mom's giblet dressing recipe . . . )

Crudités

Chocolate Dream Pie (Eli is in charge of making that dessert tomorrow)

Pecan Tarts (Robbie's project, ditto)

Other Thanksgiving Day ideas:
  • watch parade on TV
  • watch about 5 minutes of football, just to get the T-giving feeling
  • walk (it'll be about 25 outside, so we'll have to bundle up)
  • Wii bowling
  • King Kong (the original) or Iron Man II
  • Skyping family

I'll let you know what happens!

No comments: