Saturday, June 4, 2011

Preview

Bill, Kim, and Sam drove out to visit us over Memorial Day weekend. That's a long drive, so I was VERY glad that they came.

It's hard living so far away from my brother (10 hour drive away in Cleveland) and sister (? hour drive away or plane ride away in Atlanta), but we manage to get together a few times a year. I love being with them. There's nothing like being with your siblings. Well, we get along very well; I'd probably be friends with my brother and sister, even if we weren't related. And with my sister- and brother-in-law!

This trip was especially nice because I got to visit with baby Sam!
Look at this delicious little guy!

We met Sam last summer when he was just about 6 or 8 weeks old, and my sister and I visited him in November. During this visit, Sam was in the midst of the "stranger anxiety" phase, so he didn't want me pick him up and hold him like I did on the other visits. But it was lovely to kiss his little head and play with him--the boys brought down the Box of Baby Toys and the Fisher-Price train set, which he loved.

It was so nice to be with a baby and hear the little noises he made, watch him pass an object from hand to hand, get him to smile, watch him pull up on furniture and crawl around. I was just happy to sit there with him.

And of course, when he was really sad, he just needed his mom, so even though I'm pretty experienced with fussy babies I got out of the tough parts.

I figure it was kind of a preview of being a grandma. Pretty nice!

No comments: