Monday, July 11, 2011

You may take me to the fair

Before we left on our vacation, I decided to enter a few crocheted items in the Open Classes part of the county fair. My friend Karen goes every year to help her kids set up their 4-H displays, and has entered items herself, so she took four of my crocheted items up with her.

Today I had to go pick up my things--and I found I had won a ribbon: "Outstanding Exhibit" for my long vest!
It says "Best in Show on the tag, too."
I also won $5, which was in a little envelope taped to the ribbon :-)

I showed the ribbon to the boys. "What does it mean?" asked Eli. "I'm not sure," I said. "I'll have to ask Karen. I think it may mean my vest was the best of the whole division, which was "needlework" and included crochet, knitting, embroidery, crewel, and tatting (!)

Here are my other items: another vest made of size 3 thread, earrings, and a scarf with a pretty stitch pattern. Maybe the blue stickers on some of the tags mean something, too.

I'm just glad I got to show off how cool and hip crochet can be.

2 comments:

Ken said...

Congrats! That's great! You've really become expert. Your grandmothers would be proud!

kathy said...

Congratulations on your win! Did you make up the pattern, too? You should put in Ravelry if you did!
Kathy